Home » Health insurance
The compulsory health insurance KVG provides benefits in the event of illness, accident and maternity.
All health insurers that provide mandatory health insurance must cover the same statutory scope of benefits. According to the law, the KVG only provides services that are effective, appropriate and economical. Health insurance is compulsory in Switzerland. Assura offers the lowest and most stable premiums in Switzerland on average.
Mandatory health insurance covers all costs for all disease treatment, including necessary diagnostic measures, medications, preventive care, follow-up care, etc. Basic insurance covers the costs of necessary treatments and medications. Mandatory insurance offers the same benefits in all insurance companies. Assura offers the lowest and most stable premiums on average in Switzerland.
The compulsory health insurance KVG provides benefits in the event of illness, accident and maternity. All health insurers that provide mandatory health insurance must cover the same statutory scope of benefits. According to the law, the KVG only provides services that are effective, appropriate and economical. Health insurance is compulsory in Switzerland. Assura offers the lowest and most stable premiums in Switzerland on average.
If you have special requests or you think that mandatory insurance is not enough, we can help you tailor the insurance coverage to your profile. Here we expose you a wide range of complementary insurances that complete the basic insurance benefits. Fitness, alternative medicine, special vaccines, dental insurance, glasses and travel insurance are among the benefits of the supplementary insurance. A wide range of insurance supplements the basic insurance benefits. » learn more
Select the health insurance that best suits your needs from our range of insurance. Are you single or a student? Do you have a family and children? Then you will find the right health insurance offer with us exactly according to your wishes. Assura offers, on average, the lowest and most stable premiums in Switzerland.
The best way to save!
In recent years we have paid more and more for health insurance, although our salaries remain the same. There are many ways to lower your mandatory health insurance premium.
Tip 1: Save on basic health insurance premiums
- With the health insurance comparison, you can save an average of 1,000 francs in premiums per year with the same benefits. Why pay more?
Tip 2: Exclusion of accident coverage
- The Accident Insurance Act stipulates that your employer insures you against occupational and non-occupational accidents if you work at least eight hours a week.
Tip 3: Choosing a higher deductible
- In the regular insurance, the deductible (annual amount with which you contribute to the costs) is 300 CHF for adults (CHF 0 for children). You can choose a higher franchise and pay lower premiums for it.
Tip 4: Family doctor model
- By choosing the family doctor model, you undertake to always consult your family doctor first, except in emergencies and consultations with an ophthalmologist, dentist and gynecologist.
Tip 5: Check your entitlement to premium reductions
- People in modest economic circumstances are entitled to contributions to their health insurance premiums. Here you will find an overview of all health insurance premiums for 2021 per canton.
Would you like to change your health insurance?
> Do you need help in the Transition phase? Feeling lost with all the information and red tape? » learn more
Have you just settled in Switzerland?
- Health insurance is compulsory in Switzerland, so you must take out insurance if you are domiciled in Switzerland. Insurance coverage is individual
Term of three months
- You must take out your health insurance within three months of your arrival in Switzerland. The competent cantonal authorities supervise compliance with the insurance obligation, which in most cases requires a copy of the policy or a copy of the insurance card.
Health insurance - costs and benefits?
- As an insured, you have to pay a monthly premium for health insurance. The cost of premiums is not the same for everyone, it depends on the health insurance company, the place of residence and the age of the insured. For children and young people the prizes are cheaper.
What is the deductible?
- The deductible is the annual amount with which you have to contribute to the costs of medical services, the mandatory one is 300 CHF for adults and none for children. Once this amount is reached, the health insurance company provides its benefits. You can choose a higher deductible and pay lower premiums.
New in Switzerland
- Just arrived in Switzerland? We can offer you a health insurance offer for a
« New in Switzerland » package that includes everything you need for your new life in Switzerland.
We are at your disposal for questions and further information. To make your quality of life more comfortable and pleasant. With our consultants you will find comprehensive insurance solutions that can be flexibly adapted to your needs.
Here you can request an offer for the cheapest health insurance in your region.